GABAM offers a limited number of grants to support PhD candidates in Late Antique and Byzantine Studies. Grants of up to 20.000 TL are available, depending on the proposed project, and must be used for ongoing PhD research.
Projects will be selected by the GABAM selection committee based on the following criteria:
- the applicant’s qualifications
- the significance of the project and its contribution to the completion of the dissertation
- The grant period is for one year and begins after the project is accepted by GABAM.
- Applicants should be enrolled in a PhD program at a Turkish university.
- Projects should be a part of the applicant’s PhD research.
- The dissertation must have progressed enough to show it can be completed.
- A report must be submitted to GABAM within three months of the end of the grant period.
- Only documented expenses will be reimbursed.
- The author must acknowledge the support of GABAM in their dissertation and any publication resulting from the grant and submit a copy of the dissertation to GABAM.
Applications must be submitted in English. The application should include:
1. Full CV
2. A document from the applicant’s university confirming the applicant’s status
3. Project details:
- Title of the project
- Detailed description of the project explaining how the project would contribute to the completion of the dissertation.
- A summary of the applicant’s PhD research including topic, progress, and what has been achieved.
- Detailed budget outline with timeline.
- Two confidential reference letters (in English). One letter should be from the PhD supervisor stating the progress of the dissertation and the importance of the project for completing the dissertation. Letters should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Send your applications to email@example.com, no later than May 10, 2022. Recipients will be notified by May 16th.